Saturday 6 February 2010

R T A

No photo today because I wouldn't want to point a camera at what I saw.

For the second time in as many months, the end of Stenson Road (a local through-route) was closed off because of a Road Traffic Accident. Judging by the number of blue flashing lights and the extremely mangled car, it was serious.

Anyone who lives locally, or uses the route regularly, knows that the bend just below Village Street is a potential death trap. It doesn't have to be, but the little row of shops encourages people to park and, even on the apex of the bend, there are no yellow lines to stop them. Those who know (and have a shred of common sense) take the corner at a cautious crawl. Those who don't, can easily find themselves swinging too wide and having to dodge oncoming traffic.

I always worry that I might know someone who was involved. But even if I don't - someone else does!

No comments:

Post a Comment