According to the inscribed stone, they were originally elsewhere, but re-erected in this location to commemorate the crowning of King George 6th on May 12th, 1937.
Over the wall behind them, is a small public garden, created in 2000 as part of the community's Millennium celebrations. Along the far wall of the garden is a picnic table and a row of 3 benches, set to look outward, over the wall to the view of the valley beyond.
It was only 11:40a.m., but the lure was too great.
With a view like this, who wouldn't want to stop for lunch?