Wednesday 19 May 2010

Blue

Blue seems to be a bit of a theme in my garden at the moment.

There are several rugs of forget-me-nots (none quite big enough to qualify as a carpet).


I love the delicate shade of blue, centred by the bold yellow and white star. 

I also have quite a few clusters of bluebells...



...hiding under the bushes in the dappled sunlight.

On the edge of the lawn, a tiny purple violet is peeping out from between the too-long blades of grass.



But, if you don't mind, I need help identifying these...



They are numerous, but tiny in the grass. Close up, they look like this:



Anyone know?

4 comments:

  1. I think it's a speedwell of some sort. http://www.wiseacre-gardens.com/plants/perennial/speedwell.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our entire garden is covered in forget-me-nots. It makes a change from the dandelions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenny, The flowers do look remarkably similar, though I don't have the foliage. Could well be one of the family :)

    makenothingonline, John, Unfortunately, I have a pretty vigorous crop of dandelions as well!! LOL

    ReplyDelete