Sunday 2 December 2012

Around and about at Rydal Hall


Back at Rydal Hall, the lads came by to help me take down my tent and we stopped off in the Old School Room Tea Shop by the beck.




All around the Tea Shop, and spreading into the Quiet Garden, was a display of felted wool sculptures; probably the only outdoor textile sculpture rail in the UK.

They are the creation of Dianne Standen, a Cumbrian artist based in Maryport, Cockermouth and here at Rydal Hall.




Here, she has framed CDs in a location which will catch the sunlight.


The formal gardens at Rydal Hall were designed by Thomas Hayton Mawson in 1911 and are unique as an example of Edwardian garden design in the Lake District.


How about this as the view from your back door?


And finally, this is the edge of the Quiet Garden and the tree I passed each time I drove to or from my tent.

Beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous vistas and the artwork is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Those lawns don't even look real. It looks like green velvet laid down.

    I love the CD artwork, too!

    ReplyDelete