Friday 15 October 2010

Market Place Restaurant


From the outside, this could be one of those nice tea rooms which offers hot drinks and cake, toasted sandwiches and toasted teacakes served on prettily patterned plates. I was going to say 'Very English', but actually, there's one just like it in Criccieth, so I really mean very British!

Until, that is, you read the board! King prawn salad and sweet chile dip, sizzling rump steak, followed by coffee with cream (though I was very tempted by the coffee gateau!) and all accompanied by a glass of sweet, white wine. Delicious!

6 comments:

  1. Great photo - I think I've been in the one in Criccieth! I like Wirksworth - lots of interesting little shops and also the Heritage Centre - the menu looks very tempting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - just realised the restaurant is at Cromford not Wirksworth! I like Cromford too - especially the Mill and the book shop:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me "homesick" reminds me of holidays in Eastbourne and alon the coast !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful photo - where I live in Barking we have such a variety of cusine to choose from but not in a 'resturant' style rather take-aways, small cafes, small eating houses. take care, Judith (Precious Moments)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I also need to learn to spell cuisine!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. The outside is dandy. I'd love to see what's inside too.

    ReplyDelete