Sunday 17 October 2010

Scarthin


It looks little more than an alley, but this is Scarthin, one of the main routes into the heart of Cromford village. Up here are the Post Office, the Boat Inn and the famous Scarthin Books, with it's 100,000 volumes. It's quite interesting seeing large vehicles making deliveries up here!

I love the solid looking stone houses with their small square-paned, wood-framed windows and doors opening onto the narrow passage. I also love the late summer sunflower peeping over the wall :)

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful on that street with the mill pond and the little houses up there. That book shop is amazing and I love the cafe hidden behind the book shelves at the top of the stairs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of home. Lovely capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to walk there on a hot day - the shadow looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete