Saturday 8 January 2011

A grand day out in Sheffield 1 - A foggy start


It looks like the crack of dawn, but it was actually 09.13 when I caught the train to Sheffield for my day out with Sacristan. You might descibe it as being a wee bit foggy!

A train crept onto platform 6, looming out of the murk; snakelike from the shadows,


while the station streetlights may as well have been off, for all the distance the light was usefully penetrating through the blanket of grey.




But, I didn't care. The fog just added to the atmosphere of the morning. I was full of that anticipation which precedes a journey and the promise of a grand day out.

7 comments:

  1. I love those old street/station lights! A smaller version would be a super addition to my garden :)

    Hope you're going to be sharing more of your fun excursion with Sacristan. The start of it certainly looked magical and mysterious through the fog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love these images! A foggy start always adds to the anticipation of a journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the foggy station platforms - so atmospheric:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks like Brussels 3 days ago ! I hardly could see my neighbor's house !

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh i love your photos ... fog can make for such beauty and mystery and ... well it can just be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful image to illustrate the start of a journey. Train travel is only for tourists over here now - so sad, as it's a very efficient way to move people and goods. The only viable train route is between Montreal and Toronto, and it's used quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the start of a movie...hope we get the full story of the day out.

    ReplyDelete