Above the Hallam University building is the Millennium Gallery, inside which is this display of bells made in 1866 by Naylor Vickers and Company of Sheffield.
According to the information board, between 1859 and 1890, Naylor Vickers cast over 7,000 bells for churches in the UK and abroad. Mostly, they were intended to be temporary; to be replaced by bronze bells as funds allowed. Because of this very few Naylor Vickers bells now remain. There are only known to be 15 sets around the world.
This ring of bells was originally cast for the Parish Church of Bassaleg, near Newport in South Wales.