Monday 27 December 2010

Out of the darkness

Remember this? That vague shadow which scuttled off into the darkness before I could focus! I said I'd get her sooner or later, and I did!


Well, nearly...



Nice tail...



Stupid animal! Turn THIS way!!!


Better!


Ooooh! Much better!


They spend quite a lot of time doing this.


See?


And it's so annoying that their favourite place to hang out is about half way down the garden, just where the line post gets in the way from every bedroom window x-(

But, eventually, one of them scurried up a bit closer.


In the summer, when I won't freeze to death hiding behind a bush or up a tree, I hope to get some better pictures from reasonably close up! If I do, I'll post them.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, aren't you so, so spoilt to have these two amazing visitors to your garden!!! I am so, so envious! Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures with us, H. What a super Christmas present ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos - we have foxes cross our garden to get to next door where they are fed regularly. We've seen little flashes of them but never been quick enough to get a photo! They look a very healthy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super photos from your cosy hide. The only thing that's been in my garden was a vandal (human I'm sure) breaking off my icicles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind the lack of clarity or the post line. Being able to watch them at play is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness - I've never seen a fox close-up....in fact I'm not sure if we even have foxes on the island. This post, and the one with the mouse are priceless.

    ReplyDelete