Saturday 4 December 2010

What do you think?

The Westfield Centre in Derby has these big dangly Christmas decorations. I can't decide whether I like them or not.

Sorry, let me be more clear. I do not think these decorations are amazing, attractive, beautiful, brilliant, excellent, lovely, wonderful...

What I am trying to decide is this:

Are they OK or are they really rather horrid? I genuinely can't decide.

The choice of shape is interesting. I would agree to them being 'eye-catching' and they are undoubtedly 'decorative'.


and, with less background illumination, these strings of little lights would be 'pretty' and 'bright'.



The escalator wasn't working, so I was able to stop half way down and see if it looked any better from here.


Hmmm. The sky's a nice shade of blue.

What do you think? Am I being overly critical, or is there something not really very special about these? What adjectives would you use to describe them?

5 comments:

  1. Unconventional, unappealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugly. Garish.
    Makes me yearn for something home made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one looks very "chinese" to me. and the others aren't very christmassy either ! But they are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the shapes of the first ones but they aren't very Christmasy. The second one looks quite pretty. I suppose they want ultra modern decorations in a new shopping centre:)

    ReplyDelete