Friday 7 January 2011

So, what do you do when..?

So, what do you do when you're home from Uni, all of the Christmas/New Year celebrations are over, you're trying to write a 1,500 word essay and you haven't been able to get near a rock face for over a week?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You climb a tree of course!



to set up a rope, climb down, improvise two loops,



prussick back up and then hang around looking at the view.


Prussicking? You don't understand prussicking!!!

Honestly, some people! I've known what prussicking is for ages! Since... Tuesday!!!

Prussicking is when a rope is climbed using a foot loop and a harness loop, each attached separately and able to be slid up the rope. The climber's weight is shifted alternately between the two prussicks while the other one is slid higher.

Weight on harness prussick, slide up foot loop; weight on foot loop, slide up harness prussick; weight on...

You get it!

(I think the word I'm looking for is 'labourious'!!)

6 comments:

  1. I've learnt a new word now, too! What a pity I won't often get the chance to use it though, as I can't see myself prussicking around here too regularly...even though we do have a few good trees ;)

    Super pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a new word for me too!
    I was going to answer the 'what to do?' question with 'anything but hit the books!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a new word for me! I guess a little diversion helped prepare for writing the essay :)

    I know what you mean about octopus. I never would have imagined how good it is until I tried it. It is very popular in the Mediterranean, especially Greece and Southern Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's one handsome dude. He looks so meditative in that last shot. I'd be all tuckered out!

    ReplyDelete