Thursday 8 March 2012

Invited, rather than Tagged

Rosie, from Corners of My Mind, has been tagged. Being a gracious sort of soul, she offered up an invitation rather than sending out tags. Thank you Rosie, I would like to take you up on your kind invitation and join in.


This is how it works:


The rules:
Post rules
Post 11 things about yourself
Answer the questions posed by the one who tagged (invited) you (us)
Create 11 new questions for the people you tag (invite)
Go to their blog and tell them they've been tagged


11 things about me (in no particular order)


I'm delighted that Prodijig won 'Got to Dance' (but I felt really sorry for Kazzam)
I love ground coffee (always Fairtrade)
I enjoy the outdoors; especially high places
I am a Christian - faith and life go hand in hand
I have minimal fear of edges, spiders, or the dark but, at the sight of an injection needle, all of the blood rushes from my head. (Stick it in me and I won't be responsible for the consequences)
My favourite colour is blue
I love the coast - especially if it is rocky with bays, coves and inlets
I love to camp; especially when it means waking up to the sound of sheep and the view of mountains (preferably without rain)
I'm not an ornithologist, but I get excited when I see a buzzard
I once drove a train
One of these fine days, I'm going to get round to booking the hot air balloon flight I promised myself for my last significant birthday


11 things Rosie wants to know


My favourite flower - apple blossom because of the delicacy, the colour and the memories of home
Last time I went to the theatre - Macbeth (and, oh my word, how long ago was that!!)
Tea or coffee? - Coffee, no contest!
Favourite film - Help! I have so many!! Probably, The Fugitive (Tommy Lee Jones and Harrison Ford), but maybe Cry Freedom (Denzel Washington and Kevin Kline)
Book I'm reading now - The Backbone of England; Landscapes and Life on the Pennine Watershed by Andrew Bibby
Have you ever made your own bread? Yes, but only in a breadmaker
When did I last visit a museum? If an art gallery counts, I saw the Hockney exhibition in the Academy of Arts in February. If not, Shugborough Hall, 2 years ago.
Last big city - London in February
Favourite footwear - sandals
Where do I want to visit? - The Himalayas, just to see how majestic they really are!
What makes you happy? - Today, my eldest son grading 70% in his last assignment :D


11 new questions


If you could choose anywhere in the world to live, where would it be?
What languages do you speak?
Have you ever climbed a mountain?
Sweet or sour?
Which radio station do you listen to?
Can you swim?
Red or green?
What is the most daring thing you have ever done?
If you could begin all over again and choose any occupation you wanted, what would it be?
What is your favourite season?
Which super-power would you most like to have?


Okay. Open invitation. If you would like to join in, please do (but remember to let me know because I would love to read your answers!! - Or just half join in and post a comment)


Today, I'm linking with Jenny Matlock at Alphabe-Thursday where P is for Participation.











4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you chose the Himalayas over coming to see me! ::sigh::

    (Nice job Mark!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you participated! I enjoyed reading your answers to my questions and learning more about you from your eleven things. Like you I love ground coffee, coastal areas and inlets and get excited when I see buzzards - even more so red kites!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! When did you drive a train? :)

    ReplyDelete