Thursday 26 August 2010

Blue


A brief diversion from my garden for Alphabe-Thursday Rainbow Summer School and the colour for today is BLUE.

This is Windermere, which is the largest lake in the Lake District National Park and I'm posting this in way of a celebration for my eldest son who got his A level results last week and has had his place confirmed at the University of Cumbria. He will spend his first year at the Newton Rigg campus in Penrith, just on the edge of The Lakes and then move to Ambleside; a small town on the northern tip of Windermere.

His chosen course is Outdoor Leadership and the setting is perfect for all of the activities involved in his course. He's going to love it!

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow how amazing . ANy GCSE results
    this year ?

    Or am I way behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful place to have a University.. Lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited the Lake District when I was young. It was truly this beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful. One can never go wrong shooting lakes and sail boats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to yr son - I know the Newton Rigg campus - what a spectacular environment for him to study in!

    Happy Rainbow Blue,

    LOLA:)

    btw My Rainbow Blue link is here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your son! Great photo, too.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for eldest son! Sounds like a dream course for an adventurous young man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got lost in that photo for a bit but then read on. Congratulations to your son. A new adventure just beginning...for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful view you have captured. I can feel the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a serene scene. I've heard and read so much about the Lake District but somehow didn't imagine it looking so much like Southern Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your son! That is wonderful.

    And so was this lovely post.

    I really enjoyed my stop here on my little journey through Rainbow Summer School!

    This was really a lovely post.

    Thank you.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photo and blue post...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation to your son, and it is a beautiful to study~

    ReplyDelete